Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Food Review: Happy Lemon




I haven't done this in a long while, so let's get to the specifics.

Location: Greenhills Promenade Mall (Mallfront) besides Starbucks and Coffee Bean
Concoctions: Tea, Coffee
Type of Service: Pay and Wait
Target Market: Yuppies, Tea and Coffee Drinkers, Chinese
Price Range: 75 pesos to 150 pesos~

This place is very curious. It is situated in between Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, seemingly unafraid of competition. What does it have to offer, a lot you haven't tasted anywhere yet. Not to mention the smiling insignia of the Lemon Boy. In a sense, the place does not look serious at all, as if all is fun and happy. Thus, Happy Lemon.

What they offer in Happy Lemon is nothing but beverage, however. No pastries and stuff. Service is currently running under a DRY RUN warning when I got here. But given the competition, they offer a unique menu: some of the most peculiar drinks I've noticed have Rock Salt and Cheese, or Seaweed Jelly in them. This really calls for a try out.

Offerings
On my first visit, I played it safe and had the Choco Cream Puff Milk tea priced at 85 pesos. This is a reasonable price and comparable to Bubble Tea's prices before they decided to commit suicide by shooting their prices up to as much as 125. How was it? Really good. It is milk tea with distinction.

The second one I had was the Blood Orange Iced Tea with Seaweed Jelly. Sounds peculiar and tastes pretty odd, too. It is a bit on the sour side and not one for my liking.

On my third visit, I had me a Rock Salt and Cheese concoction. The waitress was instructive enough to tell me not to use a straw and I didn't. This, my friends, is heaven priced at 90 bucks. Seriously, if you want to know what heaven is like, this is the cheapest you can get. My appreciation was too much that after finishing my first cup, I bought another one.



Service
As I mentioned, service is on a dry run but was nonetheless fine. Use of credit card was not possible yet, but I didn't mind as I don't swipe anything less than a hundred bucks, really. The service crews are pleasant and knowledgeable of what they sell and are even to a point instructive and too happy.

Over-all rating
Bubble Tea was my once most favorite Tea stop. Then it had to die by shooting its prices high above into Starbucks territory. They're still up and running, but wouldn't wonder if they die in two years. Happy Lemon seems a viable and fun alternative. Everything here seems Happy. Their claim to having the world's yummiest drinks is no joke and I give them that.

4 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment