Friday, December 23, 2011

2006-2011: The Best (?) of Jerky in Pictures

I was browsing across my old blog, the link of which I will not give you even if you threaten me with a machete, and I came across some pretty interesting old pictures from c. 2006 to 2009. I am including some photos from 2010 to recent for the very vain reason that I want to have something to go back to 5 years from now and laugh at and feel ashamed for sharing to the Internet (it's a guilty pleasure!). I also want to use this opportunity to show my (small) audience the person who has been writing all these shih tzu and how he looks like from 2006 forwards and not anymore further back because that is social suicide already. To my friends, this would seem like a run of The Best of Jerky and maybe it is, but in a way, you'll know what I've been doing for the past 5 years, socially at least. Without further ado, let's begin the a run on bad wardrobe and haircut!

2006, me with Tina our recep. Saw how matching my shirt is with
her uniform so I sat with her and took a snap. Notice the hair.

2006 at a friend's condo. Little did the idealistic me knew what
compromises he'd take in the future. Would I have been happier
had I stayed idealistic? Probably. In another universe.

My first birthday in CYMA was in 2007. I went there with my
HS friends and it was awesome. What I am wearing here, not
so much. Haha!

Clockwise from left, KC, Bowdy, Me, Jeff, and Karen. 2007. This
was taken at Gateway. I miss that red polo shirt. Twas my fave.
Would it fit me better now that I have some more, er, muscle?


Me with office friend Chard and friend Jhen. This was
Christmas season 2007 at Star City. Yep, my idea. Wanted
to try something old new so Star City.

Sometime Nov. 2007. Got hospitalized and had a major operation
to free up my sinuses. Doctors broke a small bone.

Me with my HS friends Karen and Jeff. This was taken in trinoma, 2007.
We were there the first month it opened. We even witnessed the
collapsing ceiling.

2007 at the office. See how brown my eyes are? Nope those
aren't contacts. That's how brown my eyes are without those
contacts. Kidding. I love these glasses. I lost them, btw.

October 2008. Karen was wearing her cowboy boots and I wanted
to play dress-up with her and put on mine, but didn't have the
cowboy jacket. Rats. KC's birthday! :D
2008, I finally started fixing myself up and wearing the right size
of clothes. No more 2 sizes bigger! Haha. Spell vain.

At Shang, this was 2008. My 22nd birthday with my officemates.
Beside me is my officemate Nelson who has nearly the same taste
in movies as I do. This was the second time I celebrated in CYMA.
Sep 2008. Out with my friends for one birthday round. I think
the biggest change this year was the hair product I use. And
I have since remained faithful to that hair product. OSIS no. 2
Me and my 2 friends at a party in Makati. Taken in 2009, it's
one of my rare pictures with these guys, Ken and JR. I have
rarely seen them around as they've moved.


2009. This is my first self-portrait taken with my SLR (bought March)
and edited in Photoshop. The reason was that it was too
"contre-jour." People mistake it as a studio pic, but it was taken in front
of a wide window with a very low ISO and high exposure settings.
Concept was taken from Beyonce's Halo video. Doesn't look it, right? 

This was 2009, Badeth's 24th birthday. How did I look so young
here again. Everyone says I look 30ish, and that's fine, but here I
positively look 29! Holy! Photo taken by Badeth and is one of my
most favorite photos of me of all time.

2009. Would you believe that the blazer I am wearing is worth
more than my running shoes? It's from 5cm and for that money,
I could pick up something smarter at say Zara or Topman. Lol.
This was my very first "Circles" with my HS friends.


Feb 2010: Possibly my most favorite profile pic, taken during
the days I  was dabbling with photography. This was taken by
my good friend, Abe, who was posing for me that day. My
officemates have since kid about this facial expression as
Jerky's cold steel blue look.
A picture of Team Megamall. This is one of my most memorable
trips ever. For a lot of reasons. A lot. I owe a lot to these people
their friendship came at the right time and have been instrumental
to my growth as a person. They helped me pick up the pieces
and be the person who I am now. I am more grateful than I ever
allow them to know.

Me with gym friends Benjie, Desire, and Nahlea, taken from the
same trip mentioned above. August 2010.


October 2010. I wanted to keep this picture even if it
is blurry because this is a snap of how a drunk Jerky
looks like. This was taken in Il Pirata at Eastwood (Now TGI
Fridays). I just had one glass of their strongest drink and BAM
I was humiliating myself and my friends by dancing weirdly. I
made everyone laugh, I want to keep that memory. This
drunk Jerky eventually gets its own name: Flerky. As in
flirty Jerky. Not really!
December 2010 at the Makati Shang for our annual Circles celebration
By 2010, I had taken a fancy to cut my hair military short. This was
one of the sadder Circles reunion as we are losing one of our friends
to America to get married to her bf. Happy for her, sad for us. 
January 2011. Boracay with Megamall Team.
My first time in Boracay. Me with Gym buddy
Atty Migs. This could've been my best photo
and what did I do? I closed my eyes and bit
my lip. I don't know what I was thinking. I got tanned
so much, the henna tan lines saw our next Boracay trip

Welcome 2011 and I met these great guys from the gym
called UL, short for Ultraloungers. We all decided to get
shirts with prints to celebrate the birthday of our friend John,
lowest right, who runs a shirt biz. The print on my shirt is the
word on my ex's tattoo. After my ex and I broke up, the shirt
mysteriously disappeared. True story.


Me with Dianne and Jezonne at Boracay, April 2011. The idea
was to look far into the horizon, but Jezonne caught up late.
Notice my tan lines, those were from a henna I got late January. It
was from this trip that Flerky was born. Ramon called me that and
eventually it caught up with everyone that I just decided to play
along with it. I shake my head.

Me with my HS friends. Our 5th year for the annual Circles
tradition. Some things you know are just worth keeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment